Information Consulting

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Webotherapy and Its Widening Applications

I coined the term 'webotherapy', examining the concept and practice of 'webotherapy.' The papers describe the goals and aspects of webotherapy (the use of web resources to help clients cope with problems): what it is, its history, its processes, techniques in administering it, implementation precautions, and its limitations. The process of presenting web resources (e.g, e-books and e-journals) to psychological and medical patients who needed help understanding their problems is referred to as webotherapy. A webotherapeutic approach can be highly effective in helping clients better understand their problems (Noruzi, 2006,2007).
When I decided to applied bibliotherapy to the Web, I knew as much about bibliotherapy as a student. Note that to write these papers , I read more than 250 papers and book chapters. Interestingly, the more I investigated, the more I realized that I have, in fact, been practicing bibliotherapy and webotherapy for just about as long as I've been a librarian without being aware that I am using this technique.
References
Noruzi, A. (2006).
Editorial: Webotherapy and Beyond. Webology, 3(3), editorial 9. Available at: http://www.webology.ir/2006/v3n3/editorial9.html
Noruzi, A. (2007). Webotherapy: Reading Web Resources for Problem Solving. The Electronic Library, forthcoming
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home